The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course takes 1 day to complete and is a fun and interactive course. This article will tell you all you need to know about the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course.
Level 3 Qualification | Certificate valid for 3 years | Ofqual regulated | 1-day course | Qualsafe Awards | EYFS Compliant
Would you know what to do if you saw a child in need of first aid?
Having a good understanding of emergency paediatric first aid is incredibly important for the safety of children and it could mean the difference between life and death.
If you would like to book your place or if you have a question for us please call 0191 7166601, email email@example.com or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will get back to you shortly.
What You Will Learn On The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course will give you a thorough grounding an knowledge when it comes to knowing what to do in an Emergency situation.
Within the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course you will have a lot of hands on time dealing with scenarios and incidents and will cover the following:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to provide First Aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive.
- Be able to provide First Aid for an infant and a child who is choking.
- Be able to provide First Aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide First Aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock.
- Know how to provide First Aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
- Role and Responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider.
- Preventing cross infection.
- Recording incidents and actions.
- Safe use of available equipment.
- Assessing an incident.
- Prioritising treatment.
- Dealing with post incident stress.
- Contents of a Paediatric First Aid box.
- Apply skills to either an infant (baby) or a child first aid situation.
- Evaluate a situation to determine when to summon further assistance and what type of assistance to request.
- When to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Demonstrate correct placement of AED pads on a child manikin.
- Demonstrate correct placement of AED pads on a infant manikin.
- Demonstrate ‘following AED instructions’.
- Recovery Position.
- Dealing with seizures.
- Dealing with hypovolaemic shock (resulting from blood loss).
Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course (RQF).
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification provides learners with the opportunity to develop the basic skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of Emergency Paediatric First Aid situations which could arise when looking after children.
The Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and / or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an Emergency Paediatric First Aid certificate within three months of starting work.
During this 1 day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of Paediatric First Aid situations, including: managing an unresponsive infant or child, CPR, choking, seizures, external bleeding and more.
There will be a number of assessments on the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course, don’t worry though, your instructor will make sure you are 100% ready to take and pass them successfully.
5 x Practical assessments and 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course Qualification Overview.
The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the recommendations of:
• Resuscitation Council (UK).
• Assessment Principles for Regulated First Aid Qualifications.
• Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
This qualification is
• For people who are required to provide emergency first aid to infants and/or children.
• Based on the EYFS syllabus for emergency first aid courses.
Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of first aider.
Objective of the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of Emergency First Aid situations when looking after children.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective emergency first aid to children and infants.
This qualification is for anyone who cares for children and infants; including parents, guardians, grandparents or people who have a professional involvement with children and infants.
Structure of the Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course.
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit with a Total Qualification Time (TQT) of 7 hours.
Learners must complete all assessments successfully within the registration period to achieve the
qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification, including any referrals is 4 weeks.
TQT is the total number of hours required for a Learner to achieve this qualification.
It has 2 elements:
• Guided Learning Hours (GLH) is the time a Learner is being taught and assessed under the immediate guidance of a Trainer/Assessor, which for this qualification is 6 GLH (minimum), and
• The number of hours a Learner will reasonably be likely to spend in preparation and study, including assessment, as directed by, but not under the immediate guidance or supervision of a Trainer, e.g. precourse reading, which for this qualification is 1 hour.
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit with a total value of 1 credit.
Looking For First Aid Training In The North East?
Join First Aid and Safety Training for nationally recognised, enjoyable and effective First Aid Courses and Training either onsite at your workplace anywhere in the North East or attend one of the open Emergency First Aid courses at our South Shields First Aid Training Centre. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0191 7166601 or send us a message online.
Level 2 & 3 Qualifications | Certificates valid for 3 years | Ofqual regulated | 1, 2 or 3-day courses | Qualsafe Awards | EYFS Compliant | HSE Complaint